Then, respond to the following questions by Wednesday and two of your classmates by Sunday:
1. John Oliver uses humor to present a very important issue, food waste? What does he claim is happening in the United States? Why?
2. How does Oliver’s talk compare to Stuart’s (from last week’s discussion)? What differences do you see in information presented, tone, language used? Who do you find more credible? Why? Both author’s present true facts. How does the way the present it affect their reliability?
3. Are you guilty of food waste? What was the last thing you threw away (food-wise)? Could it have been eaten?
- Initial posts are due by WEDNESDAY at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Response postings should be completed no later than Sunday at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Please note that posting all, or the majority, of your replies on the last day of the discussion after 6:00 pm will be considered for point deduction since this greatly decreases the interaction and impact of your posts.
- Interaction is the key to a productive and meaningful discussion between you, your peers, and your instructor, so your goal and approach should be meaningful interaction rather than meeting minimum point requirements.
Filter replies by unread