1. In lecture we discussed plants transitioning from water to land, thus pretend you were this plant clearly identify at least 3 things you need to survive on land. If you were a female what specific structure protects your baby zygote?
2. Land plants have become more complex in structure and function since their first appearance on land. Discuss the progression of aIDed structures and functions of plants as they went fromsingle cell algae to the giant conifers?
3. Why are pteridophytes (ferns) better adapted to dry land than bryophytes? Describe how where they are similar, and what difference(s) cause the pteridophytes to have more of an advantage.
4. What are the two main groups into which flowering plants are divided?
5. Question 1: Three friends, John, Taylor, and Ben go on a hike together through the woods. It is a very cool morning so they all wear coats. Unfortunately, Taylor’s coat gets caught in a plant as they weave their way thru a denser part of the woods. Try as she might, the plant has ripped into her coat and she can’t get free. John and Ben immediately try to help her, but in their haste to help her, they trip on a root and stumble helplessly downhill. John manages to catch himself by purposely running into a small group of upright plants that have a lot of nasty sharp edges growing on them. Ben chooses to avoid those painful looking plants and instead let’s himself fall completely to the ground. Ben fell onto yet another plant with fiendishly sharp defenses and lets out a painful yelp. John at first fears that he will be stuck like Taylor, because his coat has also been ripped into by a plant. However, he finds that what was stuck into him easily separates from the stem of the plant. Oncehe freed himself, Taylor tells him to check on Ben. He helps Ben get up and finds that he had landed but first on a small plant with needle like structures which each come with a small bud looking thing located next to them. He couldn’t find these axillary buds next to the parts that ripped into his and Taylor’s coats. Working together, they finally managed to free Taylor. Once out of the woods they took a look at their coats. John and Ben had a lot of individual pieces of plant that had stuck in them while the structures that got Taylor stuck were all connected. Was it a leaf or stem that Taylor got caught in, what are these structures called? What about Ben? What did John run into? Explain how you know who ran into what.
6. Question 2: Plants have many types of symbiotic relationships with other organism. In class we discussed two involving the roots with a certain type of fungus and bacteria. Name the two organisms and explain what they gain and what the plant gains from this relationship.
7. Am I a stem or root? A monocot or dicot? How can you tell?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.