The questions are as follows:
1. If you see the term goodwill as a line item on the Balance Sheet, what is it referring to? How is goodwill created from an accounting point of view? And, how does the value of goodwill change over time?
2. When we depreciate an asset we recognize the expense of depreciation over the life of the asset. This practice is consistent with the accounting principle know as ________________.
3. If an asset is purchased for $22,000, and has an estimated life of 6 years, and it costs $2,000 to install the asset, and it is not expected to have any salvage value after its six year useful life, how much will the depreciation be in the fourth year recorded on the income statement if the organization used straight-line depreciation? How much will the accumulated depreciation be for that asset on the balance sheet? If the organization uses an accelerated depreciation method such as Sum-of-the-years digit, will the depreciation expense in the fourth year be higher or lower than it would be using the straight line method? Will the accumulated depreciation be higher or lower after the fourth year than it would be using the straight line method?
4. Briefly explain the difference between FIFO and LIFO when accounting for inventories.
5. If cash is normally the first asset listed as a current asset on the balance sheet, what determines the order of the other current assets that are listed?
6. The accounting policies that are important to an organization are customarily noted in the footnotes of the financial statements. Note three policies you would expect to see in such a footnote to a health care organization.
7. For this question you will use the financial Statements for Sentara Healthcare from the course Skill Building activity in Module 9 on Financial Statement Analysis. Using the ratio definitions from the Finkler textbook in Chapter 14 (the page numbers are noted below), compute these ratios for both 2011 and 2010:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.