1. What can be said about the diversity of life in the splash zone compared to that of the submerged zone?
There is less biodiversity in the splash zone because there is varying salinity. There is more diversity in the splash zone because there are fewer predators. There is more biodiversity in the splash zone because there are more nutrients available. There is less biodiversity in the splash zone because there is a lower average temperature.
2. When a dolphin jumps, it moves its muscles and chemical potential energy is converted to kinetic energy. Some of this energy is lost to the dolphin. Explain why this phenomenon does not violate the Law of Conservation of Energy. The dolphin is a closed system, so energy is allowed to exit the system. The energy is transferred to waves in the surrounding water. The muscles recapture the energy when they relax after contractions. The Law of Conservation of Energy does not apply to biological systems.
3. What is the average salinity of the world ocean? 0.02 percent 3.5 percent 22.9 percent 59.6 percent
4. Coal-fired power plants release emissions such as nitrogen compounds into the air. The nitrogen and water cycle combine when nitrogen returns to the soil as acid rain through which water cycle process? Precipitation Respiration Transpiration Nitrification
5. What evidence suggests that the ocean influences climate change? The ocean absorbs carbon dioxide. The ocean releases carbon dioxide. The ocean moves cold water to the Arctic. The ocean moves warm water to the equator.
6. You are on a field trip and are recording the amount of mass in a volume of water. What are you measuring? The concentration of bacteria in seawater The concentration of dissolved oxygen in seawater The concentration of salt in seawater The density of seawater
7. How does climate change affect the ocean ecosystem? Climate change causes waves to be smaller in the Northern Hemisphere and larger in the Southern Hemisphere. Climate change causes ocean currents to stop in the Northern Hemisphere and in the Southern Hemisphere. Climate change increases temperatures in the ocean. Climate change decreases temperatures in the ocean.
8. Trichodesmium is a nitrogen-fixing cyanobacteria. Why might this cyanobacteria be important to other organisms in nitrogen-poor waters? They convert atmospheric nitrogen (N2) to organic compounds including ammonia (NH3). They convert inorganic nitrogen to ammonia (NH3) in the ocean. They convert organic nitrogen compounds to into other nitrogen compounds. They convert nitrates from the water into nitrogen gas (N2) that is released into the atmosphere.
9. What adaptations allow organisms to survive in the supralittoral zone of a rocky beach? The ability to endure little sun exposure and to live underwater The ability to endure both long periods of time without water and little sun exposure The ability to both attach to solid materials and endure long periods of time without water The ability to both attach to solid materials and endure long periods of time in low temperatures
10. Seasonal variations in ocean temperatures can impact the populations of living organisms in the ocean despite the high specific heat of water. How would herbivores initially be affected by these changes? Due to the high specific heat of the ocean, the change in temperature would be small, so the phytoplankton population would thrive, allowing herbivores to decrease in number. Due to the high specific heat of the ocean, there is not much temperature change, so there would be no impact on the phytoplankton population, and no impact on the number of herbivores. Higher ocean temperatures allow for phytoplankton to bloom, increasing the food available to herbivores, allowing herbivores to increase in number. Lower ocean temperatures allow for phytoplankton to bloom, increasing the food available to herbivores, allowing herbivores to increase in number.
11. In general, how do most nutrients reach the mesopelagic and bathypelagic zones? Nutrients sink into these zones from the epipelagic zone. Nutrients diffuse into these zones from deeper water. Nutrients are produced by phytoplankton living in these zones. Nutrients are produced by zooplankton living in these zones.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.