Part I. Clearly state the meaning / function for each of the terms, abbreviations, cell types or organs listed below. Be sure to include a detailed enough answer to indicate your full understanding of the definition you provide
1. HAART: is known as highly active anti-retroviral therapy. It functions to decrease the
3. localized anaphylaxis:
4. antigenic variation:
5. M cells:
6. primary immunodeficiency:
8. herd immunity:
10. commensal microorganism:
Part II: Decide whether each of these statements is true or false, and then briefly explain why. Be sure to include a detailed enough answer to indicate your full understanding of the definition you provide;
1. Celiac disease and the tuberculin test are good examples of type III hypersensitivity reactions
2. CD3 on T cells is functionally analogous to Igá/Igâ on B cells.
3. Memory B cells do not require T cell help.
4. A live attenuated vaccine would not likely require aIDition of an adjuvant.
5. Blocking of the Fas-Fas ligand interaction is likely to completely inhibit Tc responses.
6. An immature B cell that readily binds to a bone marrow stromal cell will likely exit the bone marrow and migrate to a secondary lymphoid organ for further maturation.
7. Our capacity to generate naïve T cells diminishes as we age.
8. The pTá on thymocytes is functionally analogous to the surrogate light chain on pre-B cells.
9. Type O individuals can accept blood from type A, type B and type AB donors.
10. Systemic anaphylaxis is a life-threatening allergic reaction.
1. Briefly answer each of the following questions:
a. What is the hygiene hypothesis?
b. How might this hypothesis influence the development of new treatment strategies for type I hypersensitivities?
2. T cells develop and are “educated” in the thymus where they undergo positive and negative selection. Explain what occurs during positive and negative selection; and why these selection processes are important. In your answers be sure to specifically explain what particular impact these selection processes have on T cell development. AIDitionally be sure to explain the role of the AIRE protein.
3. Describe specific steps in the HIV life cycle to help answer the following questions:
a. Why do infected patients experience a prolonged latency period between infection and full blown AIDS?
b. What are three ways that HIV evades the immune system?
c. Why do patients ultimately succumb to opportunistic infections?
d. Why might individuals with mutations in the CCR5 chemokine receptor be resistant to infection by HIV?
4. Most B cell responses require T cell help while others do not.
a. Distinguish between TD, TI-1 and TI-2 antigens and the characteristics of the humoral responses which they induce.
b. Describe the steps involved in TD antigen activation of B cells. Be sure to explain the roles of the various cell surface molecules involved in the activation process.
5. Distinguish between Th1, Th2 and Treg cells by answering the following questions:
a. What are the key effector functions of these cells?
b. How could these three cell types be clearly and simply distinguished from each other in an experimental laboratory?
c. How and where do these different cell types differentiate to their mature functional characteristics?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.