1. In humans, sickle-cell anemia is an example of co-dominance, when considered at the molecular level. People who are homozygous dominant produce all normal-shaped hemoglobin molecules. Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells that carries oxygen. People who are homozygous recessive produce all abnormally-shaped hemoglobin, which cannot carry oxygen very well. People who are heterozygotes produce some normal and some abnormal hemoglobin. If a person who is homozygous dominant for this allele produces children with someone who is heterozygous, will any of their children produce only abnormal hemoglobin? What percentage of their offspring will be homozygous versus heterozygous?
2. In humans, the ability to roll up the sides of the tongue into a U-shape is controlled by one gene. Ability to roll the tongue is dominant to the inability to roll it. If two people who can roll their tongues each had one parent who could not, what is the probability that they will have a child who cannot roll his/her tongue?
3. Suppose you had to figure out a tri-hybrid cross (dealing with three traits at once)! You will not be asked to do a Punnett Square for this, but you should be able to set it up. Suppose one parent organism is heterozygous for gene A, heterozygous for gene B, and homozygous recessive for gene C. Genes A, B, and C are each located on different chromosomes. Write that parent organism’s genotype: List all the gametes that this parent could produce:
4. Suppose an organism’s genotype is: AA Bb CC ID Ee (That’s considering 5 genes at once-assume each is on a different chromosome) Which of the following are gametes that it could not produce? For each, explain why not.
A B C d E
a B C D e
A B C D E
A B C D d E
A C d e
5. In humans, the allele for normal blood clotting is dominant to the allele for a type of hemophilia. This gene is located on the X chromosome. Two parents produced daughters who are all carriers of hemophilia and sons who are all normal. What are the probable genotypes of each parent?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.