1. Define DNA.
2. What is the structure (shape) of a DNA molecule?
3. DNA is a polymer of ____________. (Hint: check back to Chapter 2 section 7.)
4. Identify the complementary base pairings in DNA.
5. What is meant by “DNA replication is semi-conservative”?
6. A strand of DNA has the sequence on the left (read from top to bottom). Next to each base (after the dash), write the complementary base that would match with it during DNA replication.
7. Give the purpose of mRNA
8. Give the purpose of tRNA.
9. Give the purpose of rRNA.
10. List 3 differences between DNA and mRNA.
11. Does DNA leave the nucleus to direct the production of proteins?
12. Define codon.
13. Define anticodon.
14. A strand of DNA has the sequence on the left (read from top to bottom). Next to each base (after the dash), write the complementary base that would match with it during RNA transcription.
15. Using your answer from question 14, what will be the required complementary tRNA anticodons for the mRNA codons? (Read the mRNA from the top to the bottom and then provide the sequence for the tRNA in the same order.)
16. What molecule brings amino acids to the ribosome to synthesize proteins?
17. Identify and define two methods used in gene therapy. Give general definitions of the two types, not examples of how they are used.
18. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) makes copies of what?
19. Define transgenic organisms.
20. Identify four uses for transgenic organisms. The next group of questions are based on the following information: DNA template molecule is: 5 prime (5′) end: A-G-C-T-A-T-C-T-A-C-G-A: 3 prime (3′) end
21. What will be produced by DNA replication? (Start from the 5 prime end and list each complementary DNA base in order all the way to the 3 prime end.)
22. What is the mRNA that will be produced. (Again start from the 5 prime end and list each complementary RNA base in order all the way to the 3 prime end.) template)
23. What is the tRNA anticodon that will be needed to match the first mRNA codon in the sequence written for the answer to the previous question?
24. What is the sequence of amino acids that will be produced by translating the mRNA sequence written for the answer to two questions above? (read codons left to right)
25. What is a mutation?
26. How many codons are contained in the mRNA in the question 22?
27. According to scientific studies, how many years ago did life originate on earth?
28. Why is natural selection considered to be the mechanism for evolution?
29. What is the difference between homologous and analogous structures?
30. List three examples of biochemical evidence for evolution.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.