Directions: Using proper APA format, please write a response to each of the following questions that is two to three paragraphs in length. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines.
1. Briefly explain the following disorders: urethritis, cystitis, and pyelonephritis.
2. Name the three hormones that regulate urine volume. State where each is made and the specific effect each has on urine volume.
3. If a person were doing strenuous work on a hot day and perspiring heavily, would there be a great deal of ADH in the blood or very little?
Explain your answer.
4. What factors influence the percentage of water in the body? Explain the effect of each factor.
5. Explain the relationship between pH and the relative concentration of hydrogen and hydroxide ions in a solution.
6. Explain how excessive vomiting causes metabolic alkalosis and explain why normal saline can be used to correct it.
PART II: Case Study
Directions: Please answer each of the case study questions below. Ensure that your responses are detailed and that each response is at least one half of a page to one page in length. Please use proper APA format. If necessary, please cite any sources. You may also utilize LIRN for your research. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA and LIRN guidelines.
1. A patient has been having pain in the back and groin, renal colic, reduced urine output, and painful voiding. The physician orders a urinalysis. Crystalline substances and some blood cells are observed in the urine on microscopic analysis. On the basis of the results of an ultrasound examination, the physician recommends lithotripsy. What do you suspect might be wrong with the patient? What further diagnostic techniques do you think might be ordered?
2. The body must maintain fairly constant fluid levels to remain healthy. What mechanism does the body use to accomplish this?
3. Josie is in her second trimester of pregnancy and has been vomiting constantly for several days. On the advice of her physician, Josie is admitted to the hospital, where she receives intravenous administrations of normal saline solution. Why?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.