1. What class of dental cavities involves the incisal edge of anterior teeth?
A. Class III
B. Class II
C. Class I
D. Class IV
2. The wax used for the fabrication of wax patterns for cast restorations as part of the lost-wax technique is _______ wax.
3. Which cement is known for its ability to stimulate the formation of secondary dentin?
A. Calcium hydroxide
B. Zinc phosphate
4. Often, caries will develop in an area of the tooth that’s not readily accessible. Which cavity preparation form defines this?
5. Which drug administration route produces the most rapid drug response and has an almost immediate onset of action?
6. The impression materials of choice for crown and bridge impressions include all the following, except
7. Which of the following is not part of the anesthetic syringe?
A. Threaded tip
B. Loading coil
8. What cement should generally not be used with acrylic temporaries that will be placed a long time?
B. Zinc oxide noneugenol
D. Calcium hydroxide
9. Which of these instruments is used to create the anatomy in an amalgam restoration?
10. Dental alloy is composed of three primary metals. Which of the following is not one of the three primary metals?
11. Alginate is another name for
A. reversible hydrocolloid.
B. irreversible hydrocolloid.
12. Polyether impression materials are available in all viscosities, except
13. Which one of the following classes of controlled substances are experimental drugs and can’t be administered to patients?
A. Class VII
B. Class V
C. Class II
D. Class I
14. A point angle of a cavity preparation involves how many surfaces?
15. Water cooled trays are used with which impression material?
A. Reversible hydrocolloid
B. Zinc oxide and eugenol paste
C. AIDition-reaction silicone (polysiloxane)
16. The base of a dental cast is trimmed using
A. boxing wax.
B. a hydrocolloid conditioner.
C. a model trimmer.
D. a vibrator.
17. Which of the following is not a stage of general anesthesia?
18. Which of the following is the reason for aspirating prior to injection?
A. To withdraw any excess fluid in the tissues
B. To prevent the injection of medication into a blood vessel
C. To reduce the pain of injection
D. To determine if the syringe is in working order
19. Vacuum molding can be used for all the following techniques, except
A. custom trays.
B. lost wax process.
C. bleaching mouth guards.
20. What item is used to hold the matrix band in contact with the interproximal area of the preparation?
B. Cotton roll
21. All the following impression materials can be mixed with an automixing system, except
C. aIDition-reaction silicone.
22. How many planes of analgesia are there in the administration of nitrous oxide?
23. Varnishes act as a sealer and are painted on the
24. What type of resin cement is used in the bonded amalgam technique?
25. Bite registrations, setting denture teeth, and verifying denture relationships can be accomplished with _______ wax.
26. The material that’s painted in a tray to allow an impression material to attach to the tray is called a
A. tray-body impression material.
B. tray try-in.
C. tray adhesive.
D. plastic bonding agent.
27. A custom tray is recommended for use with which impression material?
B. Impression compound
C. Reversible hydrocolloid
D. Irreversible hydrocolloid
28. Which of the following agents are resistant to antibiotics?
B. Gram-positive bacteria
C. Gram-negative bacteria
29. When loading a crown or bridge with a ZOE or glass ionomer luting cement, which of the following steps is not taken?
A. Etch the crown
B. Check for air bubbles
C. Remove excess cement
D. Dry any water droplets
30. Examples of elastomeric impression materials include all the following, except
C. aIDition-reaction silicone.
D. impression compound.
31. Which of these restoratives would need to be placed in 2.5 mm increments?
B. Self-cure composite
C. Light-cure composite
D. Resin ionomer
32. Which of the following is another way to write the term nitrous oxide?
33. Disinfection of impression materials is usually accomplished by
A. allowing the impression to sit 24 hours in water until all the organisms die.
B. sterilization with high heat.
C. spray or immersion in a chemical disinfectant.
D. sterilization with steam under pressure.
34. For which of the following indications is local anesthesia not warranted?
35. Which of the following medications is an example of a benzodiazepine?
A. Nitrous oxide
36. Which of these steps would be done first in the enamel bonding technique?
B. Applying resin
37. What private dental organization works with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to regulate dental materials and devices?
38. Which of these materials is not used as a filler in composites?
39. Most cements are mixed on a polycoated mix pad. What property of zinc phosphates requires that they be mixed on a glass slab?
A. High viscosity
B. Highly acidic
C. Low viscosity
40. All the following are viscosities that are provided with polyvinylsiloxanes, except
41. Which of the following medications is an example of a narcotic?
42. AIDing more water than recommended to mix dental stone will lead to a
A. weaker, faster-setting stone.
B. stronger, slower-setting stone.
C. weaker, slower-setting stone.
D. stronger, faster-setting stone.
43. Which of the following is not available in a pre-capsulated form?
A. Resin ionomer
C. Glass ionomer
D. Self-cure composite
44. When a custom tray is fabricated from self-cure acrylic resin, the tray must sit for _______ hours after fabrication before it should be used.
45. If the mixing time is increased with the recommended volume of water to a given weight of stone, the stone will
A. set at the same rate.
B. won’t set at all.
C. set slower.
D. set faster.
46. The type of gypsum product used because of its hardness and wear resistance for waxing patterns to make crowns and bridges is
A. mounting stone.
B. pattern stone.
C. die stone.
D. impression plaster.
47. All the following are bite registration materials, except
C. zinc oxide and eugenol paste.
48. Which of the following is not an advantage in administering nitrous oxide?
A. Easy to administer
B. Useful with the handicapped
C. Easy to use
D. Rapid recovery
49. Which step in dentin bonding is responsible for wetting the tooth surface in preparation for the bonding resin?
50. Which of the following is the most commonly used inhalational agent in dentistry?
A. Nitrous oxide
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.