1. Compare 3 food labels or nutritional information of a breakfast food such as bread, cereal or granola bars. Please try your best to get labels of the food found in a grocery store or at home. You may take a photo of a food label (with a phone etc.) instead of buying the product if you don’t wish to.
2. Look at the 3 food labels and notice the differences in areas such as nutrients, packaging, price, quantity and ingredients.
3. After analysis of the labels, produce an easy to read comparative chart for the products. It cannot be hand written.
4. Be sure to choose a uniform serving size and convert the calculations accordingly – i.e. let’s say you choose 1 cup of cereal as your uniform serving size, but some of the labels serving sizes could be ¾ cup or ½ cup. You will need to double all of the nutrition info for the ½ cup serving size cereal.
5. For each product, list:
1. Serving Size (all must be converted to the same)
3. Total Fat
4. Saturated Fat
6. Total Carbohydrate
7. Total Sugar
8. Dietary Fiber
10. Price per ounce of product or other practical equal amount so that they are equal for comparison
11. Any other information you deem important for comparison or interesting observations that may deter or encourage someone to buy the product – i.e. taste, claims/advertisements, calcium etc.
12. Vitamins and Minerals
II. Attach a separate sheet of paper answering the following questions concerning your products. Please make sure to refer to EACH of the 3 brands in every answer:
1. How many grams of fat are in each of the chosen items? What is the percentage of calories coming from fat for each brand? Ex. Is it < 25% of total calories? (show your work). Comment on the comparison of fat percentage.
2. How many grams of sugar are in each these products? AND how many grams of fiber? Approximately how many teaspoons of sugar does each brand use? Is this a “natural” or “aIDed” sugar? (HINT there are 4 grams sugar / teaspoon). If no sugar or fiber is in one or more of the brand’s products, write a few sentences commenting on why, or what ingredient you think could have been used as a substitute.
3. How many milligrams of sodium are in each of these products? This of the brands produces a food product that could be consumed if someone were on a restricted sodium diet (ie? < 2300 mg/day)?
4. Explain in a short paragraph the differences between these brands of the same product. Comment on significant differences in nutrients, vitamins and/or mineral content and ingredients.
5. Which of the brands provides the most economical choice? Is it necessarily the healthiest choice? Explain your answer.
6. Which brand would you purchase and why?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.