1) The ability to maintain a constant internal environment is
2) Impulses are received by nerve cells through
any process that is long enough to reach the receptor.
the intervention of the neuroglia.
3) Tissues come together to form
4) Nucleic acids are built from
5) The two types of nucleic acids are
RNA and proteins.
DNA and RNA.
nucleotides and DNA
DNA and proteins.
6) Every living organism must have
a nucleoid region.
at least one cell.
a cell wall.
7) Which of the following is MOST accurate regarding cells?
All cells divide by meiosis.
Cells arise through spontaneous generation.
All cells have a nucleus.
All living organisms are made up of one or more cells.
8) Which three things do all living cells have in common?
cytoplasm, a cell wall, and lysosomes
a nucleus, ribosomes, and a cell membrane
a nucleus, cytoplasm, and a cell wall
a plasma membrane, DNA, and cytoplasm
9) The word prokaryotic means
before the nucleus.
having many nuclei.
having a nucleus with no DNA.
having a membrane-bound nucleus.
10) The word eukaryotic means
having no nucleus.
before the nucleus.
having a true nucleus.
having two nuclei.
11) Most of the molecules in cell membranes are
12) These are the primary cellular sites for the assembly of proteins.
13) Which organelle is the sorting and shipping center of proteins for export from the cell or insertion into the cell membrane.
14) These organelles are the powerhouse of the cell and have enzymes that generate ATP.
15) These organelles contain enzymes that digest various substances.
16) What organelle/structure stores the DNA in the cell?
17) The proteins of the cell membrane can function as
channels through the membrane.
transporters that move substances across the membrane.
all of these.
18) Selective permeability of the cell membrane is controlled by the plasma membrane which is composed of
lipids and proteins.
19) Chromatin describes
DNA and RNA.
DNA and associated proteins.
20) The smooth endoplasmic reticulum stores and releases calcium ions in which organ?
21) Scientists believe that mitochondria may have evolved from bacteria because
mitochondria have their own DNA.
they both have cristae membranes.
both are surrounded by a cell wall.
the shapes and sizes are exactly the same.
22) The tissue that lines internal surfaces of the body is
23) Tears, milk, sweat, and oil are secreted by glands made of what tissue?
24) Collagen fibers are found in high concentrations in which tissue?
25) Muscle that is NOT striped and is involuntary is
26)The endocrine system functions in
hormonal control of body functioning.
protection against disease.
27)The maintenance of the volume and composition of body fluids is the direct responsibility of which system?
28) When a cell undergoes mitosis,
the daughter cells have identical genes, and these genes are identical to those of the “parent” cells that produced them.
the amount of cytoplasm in the “parent” cell and in each daughter cell is equal.
there is an exact duplication and division of all of the organelles between daughter cells.
the daughter cells have identical genes.
29) In mitosis, if a “parent” cell has 16 chromosomes, each daughter cell will have how many chromosomes?
30) The chromosome number in human body cells is
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.