1. Half of the people have a smaller than average sized heart and half have a larger than average sized heart. In which group would you expect the heart rate to be higher? Explain your answer.
2. In general, females have a higher heart rate than males. What explanation can you give for this difference?
3. What important molecule is carried by blood entering the left heart pump and is not in the blood entering the right heart pump?
4. If the fetal hole between the right and left atria does not close, what happens to the blood in these two chambers?
5. Which ventricle operates under the most pressure (does the most work)?
6. What would happen to the pressure in the two ventricles if there was a hole between them?
7. What would the heart do to compensate for the pressure problem created by a ventricle hole? Hint: People with this abnormal hole must have it repaired while they are young or they won’t live long.
8. A patient is told that she has a narrowing of the right coronary artery. Which chambers of her heart are going to be affected the most by this disorder? Which chamber on the right side has to do the most work and could be the most serious health concern?
9. A group of patients were told that they had plugged arteries in their hearts. In aIDition, they had all suffered a similar size of heart attack. All of these patients survived. Some of them had parts of their injured hearts return almost to normal after several months. The other patients had no such luck. Explain these differences in terms of coronary circulation.
10. A heart attack on which side of the heart would probably cause the most serious immediate risk to the person?
11. What would happen to blood flow if one of the valve “cords” broke? Be specific.
12. What would happen to blood flow if one of the valves was scarred by disease, narrowing the opening?
13. If you had a moderate heart valve problem, what would the heart have to do to compensate?
14. On which side of the heart would a moderate heart valve problem have more consequence to your health? Explain your answer.
15. Arteriosclerosis hardens the artery wall with scar tissue. If arteries have been partially injured by arteriosclerosis and the arterial wall is less flexible than normal, then would the pulse be stronger or weaker than normal? Why?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.