1. Define partial pressure and how it is calculated.
2. Compare the partial pressure at sea level and at the top of Mt. Everest. Explain why, if oxygen is still at the same concentration in both locations, the partial pressure of oxygen is different.
3. Write Fick’s equation of diffusion and explain how each variable influences gas exchange.
4. Discuss which part of Fick’s equation is most affected by being at sea level versus on top of Mt. Everest.
5. Explain why breathing compressed air helps humans climb to the top of Mt. Everest.
6. List three reasons why it is easier to obtain oxygen from air than from water.
7. Discuss adaptations different aquatic animals have to assist them in obtaining oxygen from water.
8. Explain why even though humans obtain oxygen from air they still deal with moving oxygen through water.
9. Explain why temperature increases are doubly problematic for aquatic animals.
10. Give examples of respiratory adaptations that enhance transport via the following means: surface area increase, ventilation, and perfusion.
11. Define ventilation and perfusion and how they affect Fick’s Law.
12. Diagram the ventilation and perfusion of a gill and explain how countercurrent flow enhances respiration.
13. Describe tidal ventilation.
14. Label the parts of the human respiratory system.
15. Discuss the function of the pleural membranes.
16. Describe the adaptations of the mammalian lung that provide a large surface area and minimize the diffusion path length.
17. Describe the mechanical events that produce inhalation and exhalation during normal breathing and exercise.
18. Label a figure depicting lung volume and changes in lung volume.
19. Discuss the function of the inspiratory and expiratory reserve volume.
20. Explain why the residual volume exists.
21. Discuss the structure and function of hemoglobin.
22. Explain the binding of oxygen to hemoglobin and how this is affected by PO2.
23. Explain how myoglobin acts as an oxygen reservoir to aid muscle action during exercise.
24. Compare the affinity of adult and fetal hemoglobin for oxygen.
25. Describe the effects of pH on hemoglobin and explain how that enhances the delivery of oxygen to tissues.
26. Describe the process of CO2 circulation in the blood.
27. Describe breathing regulation via the brain and the heart.
28. Discuss the relative effects of changes in PCO2 and PO2 on ventilation rates.
29. Predict the effects of low blood pH (also called acidosis) on ventilation rates.
30. Predict the effects of exposure to CO on oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.