Multiple choice SOLUTIONS
1. The difference in RNA bases compared to DNA bases is
A) RNA contains A instead of T. D) RNA contains A instead of U.
B) RNA contains U instead of G. E) None of the above.
C) RNA contains U instead of T.
2. What is the nucleotide sequence on the DNA template strand that yields the CUA codon for leucine?
A) AUC D) GAT
B) TAG E) CUAC) CTA
3. What is the nucleotide sequence on the coding DNA strand that yields the CUA codon for leucine?
A) AUC D) GAT
B) TAG E) GUA
4. What are the common promoter regions found in bacterial genes?
A) a Pribnow box about -10 and a -35 region
B) a TATA box about -25 and a CAAT box about -75
C) a Pribnow box about -10 and a TATA box about -25
D) a TATA box about -25 and a -35 region
E) None of the above.
5. Replication moves from
A) 5′ ? 3′ direction. D) 3′ ? 3′ direction.
B) 3′ ? 5′ direction. E) none of the above.
C) 5′ ? 5′ direction.
6. Functions of RNA polymerase include
A) searching for promoter sites. D) a and c.
B) unwinding short stretches of DNA. E) a, b, and c.
C) detecting termination signals.
7. Which of the following components of the tRNA is (are) important for the binding specificity of the tRNA synthetase?
A) acceptor stem D) a and b
B) anticodon loop E) a, b, and c
C) T?C loop
8. Which of the following is (are) required for initiation of protein synthesis in prokaryotes?
B) the 30S subunit
E) All of the above.
9. What is the order of the tRNA binding sites on the 70S ribosome with respect to the direction of the mRNA?
A) E P A
B) A P E
C) A E P
D) E A P
E) E A P
10. Signals that define the beginning and end of protein synthesis are contained in
A) rRNA. B) tRNA. C) mRNA. D) ribosome. E) protein.
11. Eukaryotic and prokaryotic translation differ primarily in the ________ step.
A) initiation D) all of the above
B) elongation E) none of the above
Consider the replicating fork to the right. It is part of a replicating bubble, part of a chromosome being replicated.
12. Which piece is the template for the leading strand?a.1 to 3’b. 6 to 7 c. 2 to 3 d. 5 to 4e. None of these are correct.
13. Which piece is being synthesized discontinuously?
a.1 to 3’b. 6 to 7 c. 3 to 2 d. 4 to 5 e. All of these are correct.
14. Where would you find a piece of RNA for certain?
a. 1 b. 3 c. 4 d. 6 e. None of these are correct.
Consider the above replicating fork as the telomeric end and part of a chromosome being replicated till the end.
15. Which end of the two newly synthesized fragments will be shorter than the other.
a. 2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 7 e. None of these are correct.
The table at the right represents a part of your genetic code. Answer following questions that relate to this table.
18. Which of following amino acids is found on a tRNA that has an anticodon of “CCG”?
a. his b. gln c. arg d. gly e. tyr
19. Which of the following has anticodons?
a. mRNA b. tRNA c. rRNA d. proteins e. All of these answers are correct.
20. The only codon for methionine is AUG. Which of the following would be found on the template strand of DNA for this sequence?
a. CAT. b. TAC. c. AUG. d. ATG. e. None of these are correct.
21. The only codon for methionine is AUG. Which of the following would be found on the DNA coding strand for this sequence?a. CAT. b. TAC. c. AUG. d. ATG. e. None of these are correct.
22. The RNA primer pieces during DNA synthesis are removed by
a. DNA Polymerase I
b. DNA polymerase II
c. DNA polymerase III
d. RNA polymerase
e. None of the above
23. The name of the enzyme capable of synthesizing DNA from RNA template is
a) DNA polymerase
b) RNA polymerase
d) Reverse transcriptase
e) You are a liar. We did not study this.
24. An anticodon sequence is 3’GAI 5′. “I” represents inosine which is a purine. The most likely codon for this is:
a. GAI. b. IAG. c. UUC. d. CUA. e. AUC.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.