1. A six-year-old girl admitted for elective surgery and is made NPO (she is not allowed to drink or eat anything). She weighs 21 kg (height is 54 inches). Write an order for her IV fluids prior to surgery.
2. A two-year-old has sustained a severe closed head injury and is comatose. He weighs 14 kg. What factors need to be considered when calculating his daily water requirements? How would this patient’s fluid requirements differ from that of a 5-month-old girl admitted with fever to 39.5° C and marked tachypnea?
3. A seven-month-old infant has had fever, vomiting, and diarrhea for the past 24 hours. How would you determine whether to admit this patient to the hospital for intravenous fluids?
4. An infant weighing 8 kg is estimated to be 12% dehydrated. What is the calculated fluid deficit and how should it be replaced? What IV solution(s) should be used? What laboratory tests should be ordered?
5. A two-month-old infant is brought to the Emergency Department because of seizures. He has had diarrhea for five days and has been fed only water and apple juice. What might be the cause of the seizures and how should they be treated?
6. A nine-month-old infant has diarrhea and signs of moderate dehydration. His electrolytes are Na+ 162, K+ 5.6, Cl- 122, and bicarbonate 12. During IV rehydration the patient has a generalized seizure. What is the probable cause of the seizure? How should it be treated?
7. A nine-month-old infant has vomiting and diarrhea. He has dry mucous membranes and decreased tearing and urination. What type(s) of liquids would you recommend that the mother give to this infant and how often?
8. A nine-year-old child with diabetic ketoacidosis has the following electrolytes: Na+ 132, K+ 5.4, Cl- 103, and Bicarb 9. As the fluid deficit is corrected, what is likely to happen to the serum K? How should this be managed?
9. A nine-month-old girl presents with two days of vomiting and diarrhea. She is listless and her heart rate is 210. What is the most appropriate initial management of this child?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.