Question: Please help answering all of the questions
The social structure and behavior of chimps in their communities or troops suggest many questions. What research questions might Dr. Hahn and her associates ask?
– Choose one of the research questions from above and consider it in more detail. Based upon the question, what would be a reasonable hypothesis?
– Based upon this hypothesis, what types of data might the scientists collect and for what reasons? How would these data allow Dr. Hahn to test the proposed hypothesis?
– Dr. Hahn and her associates are specifically collecting fecal pellets. Why do you think Dr. Hahn is interested in the contents of fecal pellets? Generate a list of the possible “contents” of fecal matter.
– How might the social structure of the chimpanzee community influence what is contained in the fecal matter? How might chimp social interactions influence what is contained in the fecal pellets or how they are distributed on the forest floor?
What is it about chimpanzee society that may have contributed to the spread of the siv virus?
If the virus found in captive Western chimpanzees is the same virus found in wild Western chimpanzees, how would you be able to verify this? What types of techniques might be employed?
What types of data would be desired? What might scientists gain from knowing the location of the origin of hiv?
How might siv have “jumped” from a chimpanzee to a human? Outline the series of events that would have led to the origin of hiv from an siv ancestor.
What methodology might Dr. Hahn use to detect the siv in the fecal droppings? (Hint: it is the same way that we test humans for the presence of hiv.)
The researchers are engaged in field, or basic, science. They are studying the virus and collecting data in order to more fully understand the virus: knowledge for the sake of understanding. What value do you place in this type of research? Explain your thoughts.
1. Define evolution. There are many parameters and conditions that need to be in place in order for evolution to occur. One such parameter is that the population trait in question must be variable. i.e., there will be variations of a trait found in the population. What are some aIDitional parameters and conditions necessary for evolution to take place?
2. Define microevolution. How does a selective agent lead to microevolution within a population?
3. Dr. Hahn and her colleague Dr. Gould believe that the fact that aids appeared as an epidemic in the ??th century and not before is due to a combination of factors such as more roads providing greater access to forested areas, urbanization, prostitution, social disruption, and other socio-behavioral changes. Why would these factors lead to an epidemic?
4. The team of researchers found different prevalence of siv in the different chimpanzee communities. What is the significance of this finding?
5. Distinguish between applied science and basic science. Is one more important to society than the other or are they equally important? Explain your answer.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.